The Mission of the United Ways of Alabama is to advance the
interests of the programs of its member organizations by providing a
vehicle for common effort. This effort may take the form of
discussions, studies, recommendations, or actions in problems of
mutual interest. The programs of its member organizations are:
- To study the health, welfare, educational and recreational
needs of the area covered by the particular United Way and by
cooperative effort to meet these needs through the development
of constructive programs which would be efficient, economical
and free from unnecessary duplication.
- To make a strong effort to see that the public understands
and supports programs and that there is voluntary citizen
- To secure adequate funds for the support for programs as
well as worthy state-wide and national programs of similar
nature by conducting annual campaigns for groups of health and
welfare providing agencies and by appropriate cooperation with
services not receiving financial support through the united
In addition to advancing the mutual interest of member
organizations, this corporation shall have as specific purposes:
- Coordination of the Alabama State Employee Combined
Charitable Campaign (ASECCC) [also known as the State Combined
- Coordination of the implementation of 211 Connects Alabama.
- Coordination of the multi-United Way Hyundai Motor
Manufacturing Alabama campaign.
- Such other fund raising, fund distribution, or other
initiatives as may be deemed by the Board of Directors to be
appropriate for UWAL.